Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lent 2011 - The Journey Begins

Jesus, I am ready to walk with you these next 40 days to see my part in your Passion. I cannot believe I am actually doing this.  Remember not too many years ago how scared I was to even consider what following you would mean to my life? I feared for the “testing” I thought would come. But, as you promised, You have always been with me and I trust you now that journeying with you brings joy – even in the pain.  You told me to give glory to God and to trust in You. I will. I know it will be difficult, I know there will be tears, I know that I will be laid bare, exposed to my sins but I know that you will not let me despair for long before your ocean of mercy takes my drops of sin into itself to be washed pure. I am scared but I am ready.

Blessed Mother, you have prepared me.  You have given me the supplies I am going to need to witness my sins and to heal in repentance. You won’t leave me alone. You will be with me every step of the way. As you taught us at Fatima, I pray: Lord, I believe, I adore, I trust, I love.  I pray for all those who do not believe, who do not adore, who do not trust, and who do not love.


I will walk with Jesus and Mary towards the narrow gate. Let the journey begin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment