Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Deserts in our Faith Journey

It is not if we suffer, that is a given; but rather how well we suffer - by never letting go of Christ - that determines our level of faith.

I cannot arrive at my destination - the answer to my prayer for increase in faith, hope and charity - if I do not first travel the road of humility, obedience, perseverance and courage.  When I get to the desolate deserts of my journey, I must remember, first of all, that I am not alone.  Secondly, I must remember this desert - dark night of the soul - is the price I must pay in order to be ready to receive my answer from God.

Our Lord ALWAYS answers our prayer to be His.  When we ask for what we need to be in His Kingdom, we must be willing to first go through all the suffering that surrendering our will to His requires. He is always ready to give, we however are often not ready to receive.

I feel so lost right now, but I find comfort in knowing my Lord knows the way and I can hear Him calling to me, "Stay close to me and I will get you there."

No comments:

Post a Comment